Tuesday, October 4, 2011

BANKING UPDATE: Caveat Emptor ("Let the bank customer beware!")

I went into my bank this morning to make a modest deposit into one of my two checking accounts.

After my simple deposit transaction, two tellers were all over me to open another checking account!

"We'll give a $100 back if you open a new checking account," they repeated.

The reason for this aggressive marketing by the banks is the need to raise additional fees from their services.

An additional checking account means, over time, substantial additional fees to be paid by the customer to the bank: including, service fees and costs, overdraft fees, etc.

[See the new best-selling book, "LEGAL CONSUMER TIPS AND SECRETS", by Charles Jerome Ware, former Special Counsel to the Chairman of the U.S. Federal Trade Commission; iUniverse Publishers, 2011].

1 comment: